Saturday, June 15, 2013

Lapses of Memory.

Let me state right off the bat that I never win anything.  Well, let's make that rarely. Once I won five bucks on a lottery ticket, after buying twenty bucks worth of tickets. To consider me lucky is a stretch of the imagination. Yet every once in a while, the stars align, the tides turn, or whatever influences you like occur and I win something.  It's been a while since I could say that.

A few weeks ago, I happened upon a post from fellow writer M.S. Spencer, whose latest book, "Lapses of Memory" was out. Part of the story includes long distance airplane rides that occur over several decades. Spencer was asking readers to share memorable plane experiences.  I related about a time when a flight was delayed for several hours and when we finally took off, the young lady in the seat beside me dug her nails into my  forearm, mistaking it for the armrest on the seat. I must have gotten a laugh out of Spencer, for a few days later, I learned that I'd won a copy of the new book.

When the book arrived, I had no intention of reading it right away. But I liked the concept and wanted to take a peek. An hour later I was still reading. Although I was in the middle of another novel, I put that one back on the shelf. By the end of the weekend, I'd finished "Lapses of Memory".  It's a very well written story.  So after trading messages with M.S., I ended up writing a quick review. She put a few personal touches to it and posted it on her blog. Check out the link below.

Meanwhile I need to get back to work on the third Jamie Richmond mystery.


http://msspencertalespinner.blogspot.com/2013/06/rave-review-for-lapses-of-memory.html?spref=fb



2 comments:

  1. Well, aren't you a peach! Thanks for the lovely post and for reading. I'm looking forward to reading your books--even if I don't win them! (For the record, the only thing I've ever won was a 16-pound Butterball turkey...the day AFTER Thanksgiving.) since you like mysteries, you might enjoy Artful Dodging: the Torpedo Factory Murders or Mai Tais & Mayhem: Murder at Mote Marine. Just sayin' M. S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved both your post and MS's too. You guys show how authors are really supportive of each other. What a great thing about SCP!

    ReplyDelete