Sunday, July 7, 2013

Dreams to Reality

I can't speak for every author. I can only speak for me. Having been an avid reader since a young age, I've always been intrigued with a well written story. Over the years I've read some books that have captured my interest from the very first pages and others that have left me bored. As a writer, I always strive for the former, wanting to draw the reader in and take them along for what will hopefully be an enjoyable ride.

The other day I happened to check out the listings on Amazon for my two romance/mystery novels. To my delight I saw a 4 star review on "Devious". This reader enjoyed the book, liked the mixture of suspense and humor and even likened it to the works of Michael Connelly and Harlan Coben. That is great praise and amazing company to keep.

Late yesterday I received word from the publisher that "Devious" is now available in paperback. As a writer, it has always been my dream to have one of my novels published in paper format. While it is a definite kick to have a novel published as an eBook, there is something extremely gratifying to be able to hold a paperback in your hands and know that these words and ideas are yours. Over the years I've been able to do that with some short stories I've had published in small press magazines. Now I'll get to do it with one of my novels. A dream will become a reality. To quote John Travolta "ain't it cool!"

In less than three months, "Vanishing Act" the second novel in the Jamie Richmond series, will also be available in paperback. It's the achievement of a dream that inspires me to keep writing.
https://www.createspace.com/4351330

No comments:

Post a Comment