Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Greetings,

Welcome to my first post on Blogger.  It is my hope to keep this blog updated with my writing efforts. While writing has been one of my passions for years, I'm new to the idea of blogs, so if things sound a bit odd, bear with me. And in case you had any doubts, yes my name really is Mark Love. So if you have any jokes along that line, feel free to send them along.

After many years of writing for business and working as a freelance reporter for a couple of newspapers in the Detroit, Michigan area, I focused on writing fiction. There is something magical about being able to craft a story, to manipulate the characters and take the reader on a journey that may have a few unexpected twists and turns along the way. I started out writing short stories and had some success getting a few of those published. Many of those turned out like episodes of old television series, like "The Twilight Zone" or "Tales from the Crypt". Currently I have a collection of short stories called "Three to Get Ready" available on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Three-to-Get-Ready-ebook/dp/B009MOZMBM/ref=pd_sim_kstore_4 But while I enjoy a good short story, I always wanted to write a longer work, and mysteries started calling my name.

Also available on Amazon are two novels. I now have a mystery called "Desperate Measures"  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AKY6WTY. and a mystery thrilled called "Fade Away"http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009MOA8ES




If all goes well, in March I will have another book released. "Devious" will be published by Secret Cravings as an eBook, with a paperback release  in the fall. This is a mystery/romance novel about a female novelist who witnesses a police officer being shot while doing research for a book. She becomes obsessed with the shooting and is determined to figure out who was behind it and why.



No comments:

Post a Comment