Saturday, March 29, 2014

Talents

It's always been my belief that each of us has special talents. Some may be able to take a blank sheet of paper and a pencil and do a sketch that captures an image. Others may have the gift of gab, able to speak eloquently on any given subject and hold their audience in the palm of their hands.

There are great actors, great singers, great dancers. (I definitely do not fit into this last category.)  And while I think I'm a long way from greatness, writing is something I'm pretty good at. I enjoy writing fiction, weaving a story that you can get lost in, something that will entertain you, maybe have a few little surprises along the way.

The ones who really inspire me are the people who can take an idea and bring it to life in a visual sense. The example that comes to mind is the covers for my two Jamie Richmond mysteries. Dawne Dominique, a very talented artist, took some simple descriptions from me about the novels and the main characters and captured the essence of my stories. I'm hopeful that when I finish the third book in the series that Dawne will once again be called on to create the cover.

You can see her handiwork below.  This is part of an advertisement that will be running next month in the Secret Cravings newsletter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment