Friday, July 4, 2014

The Latest

It has been far too long since I put something on this page.  Life just gets in the way, but that's no excuse. We all have work, family, friends and lives that pull us in various directions.  I think it was Henry Ford who once said "Never Complain and Never Explain" or words to that effect.  So with that said, I'll move on and renew my internal commitment to stop by here more frequently.

As for the latest, things have been busy.  The edited manuscript for my mystery, "Why 319?" has been returned to Black Rose Writing and we're still on track for a release in September.  This will be my first book with Black Rose and I am trying my best to remain patient.  319 has been a challenging story, one that has seen many iterations over the years. I'm a nut for memorable characters, engaging dialogue and enough twists and subplots to keep the reader guessing.  That's what I aimed for in this novel and if I didn't hit the bulls-eye, I think it's pretty damn close. Here's a peek at what it's all about.



There’s a serial killer loose in Metro Detroit, but nobody knows it.  Three female victims have been discovered in motel rooms in different suburban cities that surround Motown.  These deaths have not captured the media’s attention.  The only connection is that each body is found in room 319 and the killer leaves the taunting message “Why 319?” on the bathroom mirror, written with the victim’s lipstick. The nude bodies have been cleaned and neatly arranged. All personal items are gone.
                
Now an elite squad of detectives has entered the scene.  It’s up to them to take over the investigations from the different suburban cops and solve the riddle.  But there are no clues to guide them and no apparent link between the victims.  Each killing has taken place roughly thirty days apart.  The detectives know that time is not on their side. If the public learns there is a serial killer at large, will panic set in? Will they be able to figure it out before the killer strikes again? 

Soon there will be another cover to grace these pages.

Peace

 


No comments:

Post a Comment