Monday, September 1, 2014

Mason's Mark

Like most writers, I'm an avid reader.  While I tend to stick some old favorites, like Stephen King, Greg Iles, James Rollins, Michael Connelly, Lee Child and John Lescroart, I will often pick up a book that catches my eye.  Where I live, the local library has a big sale every other month, where you can wander amid hundreds of titles and grab three paperbacks for a dollar. This is a great way to discover a new author or series. I've occasionally been asked by other shoppers about a particular book and will give a suggestion or recommendation if it's something I've enjoyed.

With the long holiday weekend, I had the chance to finish a book I picked up months ago but never got around to. Maybe I was just waiting for a chance when I'd have more time without interruptions. The book is "Mason's Mark: Love and Death in the Tower" by M.S. Spencer.

Now I'm not one to write reviews very often. I figure the big dogs like those listed above are already on the bestseller's lists.  But an encouraging word about another offer could lead you to discover a new favorite.

This is the third book by Spencer I've read and each one has been better than the last. Spencer does an excellent job weaving local points of interest and some history into the stories.  With "Mason's Mark"


Spencer delivers another engaging story filled with intrigue, danger and plenty of steamy romantic action to get your attention and keep you entertained.


Claire’s struggles on the first day at her new job are dramatically compounded when she discovers a dead body as she leads a tour group. What was supposed to be a sedate job surrounded by historical artifacts quickly becomes filled with excitement. Her life turns into a carnival ride as she draws the attention of handsome men and evildoers, with some passionate interludes sprinkled along the way.  Spencer has a knack for creating realistic characters that readers can easily identify with.  The Mason’s Mark has enough twists and turns to keep you guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment